- What is Distributed Application
- High Level Architecture on how RMI/CORBA/DCOM works
- Introduction to Web Service & SOAP
- To build an Web Service application and client
- Pass by value and reference behavior
- Working with Soap Header Attribute
- Asynchronous Call to the Web Method
- Security in Web Service
Introduction to WCF
- Evolution of WCF
- Evolution of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Four Tenets of SOA
- What is WCF
Developing WCF Service Application and Client
- Hosting WCF Service in IIS/ASP.NET Development Server
- Using a Service in the client application
- Understand Contracts in the service.
- Service Contract.
- Operation Contract.
- Data Contract.
- Understand Instancing behavior in the service.
- Per Call
- Per Session
- Building WCF Library based Host and Client application
Endpoints in configuration file
- End points in Configuration File.
- ABC - Address, Binding & Contract of
the service in Configuration File.
- Understanding importance of base address.
- Importance of IMeta data Exchange
Contract / Endpoint.
- Configuring service behavior in configuration file
- WCF Service Configuration Editor
- Creating Endpoints through Code
Channel Stacks & Bindings in WCF
- Understanding Channel Stack
- Introduction to Binding
- Types of Bindings.
- Configuring a Service and Client
for Multiple Bindings
- Binding Class Properties.
Understanding Service and Data Contracts
- About Service Contract
- Data Contract & Data Member
- Versioning using Interface Extensible Data
- Version Tolerance
- Implications of Modifying Service Operations
- Implications of Modifying Data Contracts